November 09, 2008

Yo Gabba Gabba!

We surprised Truman to a Yo Gabba Gabba! live show at Amoeba.

It was a rock'n dance remix set by DJ Lance Rock and silly dance offs by Muno, Plex, and Brobee. Hundreds of parents and children filled the 1st and 2nd floors from one end down to another of every aisle in the record shop. I'm still amazed how enthusiastic parents get dancing every move and wording every song.
video
We had the same experience at the Wiggles concert where every parent seemed more excited to be there than their children. The live show kicked off the release of YGG!'s new DVD including new episodes and awesome tracks. I thought this would be a great gift to give to Jackson since he hadn't been to Gabba Land yet. Since we DVR YGG! everyday for Truman it wasn't necessary for him to have another DVD.
We babysat Jackson that night for a couple of hours and when Ye Mah and Uncle Jason came to pick him up I was nervously awaiting how I would give Jade the YGG! DVD without upsetting Truman. I handed the DVD to Truman and told him to give it to Ye Mah as a present for Jackson. I was so proud of him that he didn't cry, tantrum, or say "mine". He was so happy to give it to Ye Mah and show off that he knew who the band was.

I'm tempted to buy presents for Truman all the time and find myself having to stop and say, "does he really need this?" My hope for Truman is that he will grow up understanding the best present you can give yourself is the one of giving to others, especially the ones you really want for yourself and don't have. May the hugs he receives from family, thank yous he hears from friends, or smiles on strangers faces be enough to fulfill his "wants" cravings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment