July 06, 2013

Northridge Farmers Market & Family Festival

I just love a good farmer's market.  I don't get to them very often but when I do, I ask myself, why don't I come to these things more often? We went to the one at the Northridge Fashion Center on Wednesday evening to check out the local farmers and family festivities.  It had all the makings of a true farmers market starting with pony rides: 

kids pony rides

a petting zoo:

kids petting zoo

and lots of boobies:


American classics like funnel cake:

funnel cakes

kettle kooked popkorn:

kettle korn popkorn

and freshly, battered corn dogs were the kids favorites:

corn dogs

David had him a good polish dog:

polish dogs

but only after he shared some delicious Ensenada fish tacos with me:

ensenada fish tacos

Truman had dessert for dinner.  A mixed fruit crepe smothered in nutella:

crepes

We did sample some healthy alternatives:


and our raffle tickets won us a five lb. bag of oranges and a fresh fruit & vege bowl:


I couldn't resist an old-fashion ice cream truck that was there (which I wish I remembered to snap shot) so I said yes to ice cream...even sprinkles:


It became a tailgating ice cream social:


Sweet, sugary, and salty on a weekday during a warm summer night with kids in tow and David on my arm proves that summer is just getting better by the day.  Another bucket list item checked off...yay!

9301 Tampa Blvd. Northridge, CA 91324
Wednesdays 5 p.m.-9 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment