April 02, 2015

Messy play

Lately, I've been working on my OCD of all things messy art.  I detest the clean up more than anything.  But the kids have been glittering and gluing and even playing play-doh INSIDE the home. I even bought Presley a new art easel.  So what if it's from last Christmas and still in the box! I do plan on putting it together as soon as I buy the paint set and brushes. Scouts honor. 

Last week at preschool Portia brought her messy Easter egg project home.  Nooooooooo!!!


It all started with a spray coloring bag which later will serve as her Easter basket:


She's been really needy and having a hard time detaching from me at drop off.  Not sure why:


I mean she looked happy dying her Easter eggs:


Her tears flooded out the door when I left.  She was crying uncontrollably and that's when I got THEE call you never want to get from school while your parking your car at Target to buy medicine for your other kid who's at home with fever.

I picked her and her eggs up, came home, and thought what the heck am I going to do with this messy gloop? Preschool teachers always know what to do.  Bear had no answers for me either:


I felt like these eggs ruined my life (a little dramatic) and now I have to gently care for them in the most delicate way.  This pitty party host put on gloves, wiped them down, and uncovered Portia's sweetest marbleized eggs ever.


"Look at my art, Mama!" she said.

"Art is more fun when it's messy, huh!" I replied.

"Yes!" she answered.

Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment